- This year, Brooke serves 1,975 scholars in grades kindergarten through twelve
- 92% of Brooke scholars are Black and Latinx
- Our scholars reside in neighborhoods where the average family income is $38,194
- Brooke families primarily live in Dorchester, Hyde Park, East Boston, Mattapan, Chelsea and Roxbury
Brooke is a network of high-performing charter public schools in Boston. Our mission is to provide an academically rigorous public education that ensures STUDENTS ARE PREPARED TO SUCCEED IN COLLEGE AND BEYOND.
Our Results Demonstrate That
Great Teaching Closes the Achievement Gap
About Our Scholars
At Brooke, Great Teachers...
- Put the thinking on kids.
- Challenge and know every student.
- Support all scholars to identify as achievers.
Brooke opened its doors in 2002 to 88 5th grade scholars
We Now Serve 1,975 Students
Brooke Roslindale Opens
Jon Clark (Brooke Co-Director) and Brett Peiser (CEO of Uncommon Schools) open Brooke Roslindale with a founding class of 5th graders.
Following a legislative lift to the charter cap, Brooke expands from its flagship K-8 campus in Roslindale to open two additional K-8 campuses.
Brooke Mattapan Opens
Brooke opens its second campus in Mattapan, with a plan to enroll 500 students in grades K-8.
Brooke East Boston Opens
Brooke opens its third campus in East Boston to kindergarten, first and fifth grade classes, with a plan to grow to 500 students in grades K-8.
Brooke High School Opens
The Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education announces approval of Brooke’s expansion request to incorporate a high school, fulfilling our long-term goal of serving grades K-12. Within months, Brooke High School opens with a founding class of 9th graders.
New Facility Opens for High School and Eighth Grade
In August 2017, Brooke High School moved to its permanent space neighboring the Brooke Mattapan K-7 school on American Legion Highway and we launched our new Brooke Eighth Grade Academy, co-located within our high school facility, serving all Brooke 8th graders.
Visit Our School Pages to Learn More About
What is a Charter Public School?
At Brooke, being a charter public school means we have the flexibility to incorporate best practices that support great teaching, including:
- Longer school day and year (more instruction time)
- Ensuring a safe and orderly learning environment
- Establishing a positive, achievement-focused school culture
- Implementing strong organizational supports and resources for teachers
Rather than approaching education through programs and interventions, we meet our goals through developing and supporting great teachers.