Student Support Coordinator K-7 – 2020-2021
Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students shatter the achievement gap and graduate from college. Our students thrive because they are challenged and known.
What is the Student Support Coordinator Role?
As a Student Support Coordinator at Brooke, you set the tone for growth, learning, and teamwork. It’s for our kids; nothing less than the best will do when you’re helping students succeed.
You build strong relationships with students in order to push them to be their best selves both academically and personally. You collaborate with colleagues in order to meet the needs of every student by ensuring accommodations are met and developing intervention plans. To that end, you will take part in regular data meetings, engage in approximately 20 administrative observations and 15 peer observations per year, and participate in nearly 300 hours of professional development over the course of the school year.
Hours for this role are 7:15 am - 4:20 pm daily and this is an in-person position. You are a critical member of our instructional team, teaching daily support classes in math, science, life skills, and/or literacy. You also oversee the drafting, implementation, and maintenance of IEPs and 504 plans, co-lead child study team meetings, and coordinate standardized test accommodations special education screenings, and related services.
Is This You?
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Special Education or hold a Special Education teaching license.
- You have a working knowledge of federal and state Special Education laws.
- After at least 2 years as a lead teacher, you know the importance of building a classroom culture where students are held to high behavioral and academic expectations.
- You believe that great teaching closes the achievement gap and have an unwavering belief in your students’ capabilities. To this end, you leverage data collection and analysis to ensure academic success for all students.
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.