Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What Is the Music Teacher Role?
As a Music Teacher at Brooke Mattapan, you are part of a team of other co-curricular teachers (gym, dance, and art) that sets the tone for student growth and learning. You are the leader of your classroom and build strong relationships with students in order to push them to be their best selves both academically and personally. You crave feedback, think deeply about instruction, and collaborate with colleagues in order to meet the needs of every student.
Hours for this role are 7:15 am - 4:20 pm daily and you will instruct all students in grades K-7. Salaries are based on years of classroom experience. Those who join our team with 2 years of previous lead teaching experience (our minimum requirement) earn salaries of $66k.
Is This You?
- You are committed to uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree and are excited to craft an innovative music program of your choosing based on your own creative passions
- After at least 2 years as a lead teacher, you know the importance of building a joyful classroom culture where students are held to high behavioral and academic expectations. See what this looks like in action at Brooke here
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues
- You are able to start on July 25, 2022
We have instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all staff working in our network. All staff must either be vaccinated or must get tested by their own arrangement and submit evidence of a negative test each week.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.