Director of Recruitment
Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the Director of Recruitment Role?
As the Director of Recruitment, you will act as Brooke’s talent strategist and recruiter for lead teacher and staff roles across Brooke's four schools. You will conduct phone interviews, support hiring managers throughout the selection process, and assist in the refinement of interview guidelines, evaluation tools, and talent assessment procedures as necessary. You will also actively source and cultivate diverse, high-quality talent by attending recruiting events, implementing a job-board strategy and advertising initiatives, and stewarding partnerships with like-minded organizations. Alongside network leadership, you will set and track progress toward recruitment goals.
Salaries are based on years of previous experience and the starting salary for this role is $84k.
Is This You?
- You are committed to uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here.
- You've earned a bachelor's degree and have 5-7 years of full-time work experience; Recruiting experience, K-12 experience, and/or teaching experience are all pluses.
- You are professional and warm with candidates and colleagues.
- You have strong project management skills and are exceptionally organized.
- You are proficient with Excel, Google Workspace, and various applicant tracking systems (experience with Greenhouse is a plus)
We have instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all staff working in our network. All staff must either be vaccinated or must get tested by their own arrangement and submit evidence of a negative test each week.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.