Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the Bus Monitor Role?
- Arrive on time at the first pick-up stop in the morning and at Brooke Roslindale at dismissal
- Hours are 6:00-7:15 am and 4:00-5:30 pm
Direct children to pick-up and drop-off locations and ensure the safety of each child
- Check the roster and maintain attendance for all students
- Ability to stay calm during an emergency
Resolve routine communication problems or incident reports with families, students, and school officials
- Compensation is approximately $20 per ride (2 rides per day - morning and afternoon).
Is This You?
- You've earned a high school diploma or GED
- You have prior experience working with children and are able to lead large groups of children in a positive and safe manner
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues
You are able to start immediately
- We have instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all staff working in our network.
All staff must either be vaccinated or must get tested by their own arrangement and submit evidence of a negative test each week.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.