Assistant Principal: Humanities
Who are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students shatter the achievement gap and graduate from college. Our students thrive because they are challenged and known.
What is the Assistant Principal role?
As the Assistant Principal at Brooke High, you work alongside the Principal of Brooke High School to build and sustain an exceptional high school that provides all students with a rigorous college-prep education. Your role will be to directly manage the teachers and to work with each department chair to ensure that each class is rigorous and that all students are supported to meet this rigor level.
Is This You?
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- After at least 5 years of teaching experience in the humanities (including history and/or literature) and a record of strong student results, you have a vision for instructional excellence and know the importance of building a classroom culture where students are held to high behavioral and academic expectations.
- You believe that great teaching closes the achievement gap and have an unwavering belief in your students’ capabilities.
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues.
- You are able to start on July 20, 2020.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.