We invest all our resources in making good teachers great.
We believe that great teaching can close the achievement gap. We believe that great teaching at its core is both intellectually challenging and dependent on the ability of teachers to forge strong and genuine interpersonal relationships with their students. Therefore, we direct all of our resources toward creating a culture that reveres great teaching, develops it, and supports it.
Summer Opportunities Brooke is pleased to partner with Generation Teach for a Summer Teaching Fellowship. More information and an application can be found here: Boston Cohort Summer Teaching Fellowship. Please do not apply for multiple positions – choose one that best fits your background. Do not apply over email – you must apply via our recruit and hire site.
Please use the tabs above to navigate our open positions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Nicole Grandinetti (email@example.com), Director of Talent Recruitment.
If you join us:
- You will spend one afternoon a week and two weeks a year in teacher-driven and teacher-designed professional development sessions. You will be an active participant in these sessions, shaping their focus and providing critical feedback to your fellow teachers.
- You will be supported by a team of excellent teachers. Together, you will collaborate to close the achievement gap for all the scholars in the network. You will share curriculum; co-plan lessons; provide ongoing feedback to each other; and brainstorm to solve scholar-specific and classroom-wide challenges.
- You will have the freedom to innovate, designing the curriculum and lesson plans that meet the specific needs of your scholars. Unlike many charter schools, Brooke does not require that teachers use an off-the-shelf curriculum or script. Instead, our teachers create and adapt the materials that best suit the needs of their classroom.
- You will be free to focus on instruction – without the distraction of additional administrative responsibilities or disruptive student behavior. Our culture of high expectations results in a structured, safe school environment in which both teachers and scholars respect the importance of learning time. We have a high teacher retention rate, with roughly 85% of teachers returning each year.
- Use real-time data to understand exactly what each scholar knows and does not know as you move them on the path to mastery.