Current & Enrolling College Student Resources
NEW THIS YEAR: Are you going to be in college Fall 2017?
The FAFSA opened on October 1st!
In order to complete the FAFSA you will need:
- your 2015 Student tax forms and W2 forms (if applicable)
- your 2015 Parent(s) tax forms and W2 forms
- to know the current total amount in checking and savings account(s)
- to know the amount of any child support received or paid
- A photo ID (if you are going to the uApsire office)
You and your parent need an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA. Click here to get one now.
Financial Aid Resources/Requirements:
- Create your FSA ID: Both students and parents need to create and FSA ID in order to complete the FAFSA
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Must be completed and renewed once a year as soon as possible after January 1st.
- StudentLoans.gov: Complete your Entrance Loan Counseling, sign your Master Promissory Note and track/monitor your student loans here.
- Click here to waive your Health Insurance (or log on to your college portal) This could save your approx. $2000 per year. Make sure to complete this before the deadline!
- Curious about how much you have taken out in total loans? click here and enter your FSA ID information to learn more about the total amount of your Federal loans
- uAspire: This college access agency based in Boston, MA is a great resource for all things financial aid.
- Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA)
- Federal Student Aid
Textbooks for Less:
Not sure what to major in? Are you wondering what kind of opportunities will exist for you after college?
Career Exploration Resources:
- My Next Move
- Major Clarity: “Major Clarity provides students with an immersive college/career exploration platform, and helps counselors better track and advise students. All for FREE!”
Summer Employment + Internship Resources:
- Intern Hub
- Bottom Line: Getting Experience. Bottom Line has cataloged some very impressive employment, internship and volunteer resources for college students on their website. To explore their tools please visit this link and visit the “resources” section (right hand side of webpage).
- Generation Teach
- Dana-Farber CURE (Continuing Umbrella of Research Experiences) Program
- Harvard Integrated Life Sciences: Summer Internships
- Phillip’s Brooks House Association: Summer Urban Program
- Let’s Get Ready