Brooke scholars are making it to – and through – college.
The Office of High School and College Success ensures that every Brooke alumnus successfully completes high school with the skills and experiences necessary to graduate from a higher education institution. Beginning in middle school the OHSCS provides high school placement services and connects students with summer and extended learning opportunities. Through strong relationships with students, families, partner schools, and community based organizations, OHSCS provides academic and college counseling for all BCS alumni.
96% of all Brooke graduates have earned their High School diploma within five years.
100% of High School class of 2015 were accepted to 4 year colleges.
100% of this class enrolled in college this past Fall.
Who we serve: The OHSCS supports Brooke students beginning in 7th and 8th grade, and continues advising and tracking alumni from ninth grade through college graduation, currently 450 alumni. Our alumni are attending 45+ different high schools and 40+ different higher education institutions. Here is a map of where our college students have attended.
The OHSCS team:
- Sarah Holden, Director
- Michelle Lynch, Graduate Service Manager
- Janim Sayles, High School Placement Manager, Brooke Roslindale
- Iesha Caisey, High School Placement Manager, Brooke Mattapan (Brooke Roslindale, class of 2006)
- Alejandra Lombardo, High School Placement Manager, Brooke East Boston
- Aminata Kaba, Alumni Advisor and Enrichment Specialist
Brooke Charter Schools Alumni Affairs Committee The BCS Alumni Committee was created in 2013 to help address strategic questions and support program development related to alumni college readiness and graduation. With 300 alumni distributed across nine cohorts, the first Brooke alumni began to graduate from a four-year college or university (in four years) in spring 2014. As the Brooke alumni community grows, so does our ability to track qualitative and quantitative data related to alumni secondary and post-secondary experiences. Following, the Alumni Committee is tasked with supporting organizational efforts to ensure Brooke alumni graduate from a college or university and all Brooke alumni are career-ready.
- Roberto M. Cabral, GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Marvin Cine, Goulston & Storrs
- Stacy Diaz, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Nicole Eduwensuyi*, Breakthrough Collaborative
- Jeff Joseph, Massasoit Community College
- Natalya Faison*, BottomLine
- Luisa Pena Lyons, New Profit, Inc.
- Dezanae Boston-Bernier*, UMASS Lowell
- John Cabrera*, Northeastern University
- Keishalee Shaw, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Sydney Swain, Cartrawler
- Taisha Sturdivant, Klein Hornig
- Christine Vinenti, Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation