Brooke teachers and students are closing the achievement gap.
Over the last few years, Brooke scholars have set a new bar for what is possible at an urban public school. On the 2014 MCAS, Brooke scholars earned six first-place state-wide rankings for proficiency and five first-place state-wide rankings for advanced. These results represent the extraordinary hard work of our scholars and their teachers, and we could not be more proud of both.
- 86% of fifth graders scored at the advanced level in math and 65% of them scored at the advanced level in ELA – higher proportions than at any other school in any district in the Commonwealth.
- 4th graders had the highest percentage of students scoring advanced on the ELA test of any school in the state.
- 7th graders had the highest percentage of students scoring proficient and the 5th highest percentage of students scoring advanced on the ELA test of any school in the state.
- Over 90% of our sixth graders in East Boston scored at the advanced level in math.
- The highest growth (all grades math and ELA MCAS combined) of any school in the state.
When Brooke scholars graduate, they have closed the achievement gap.
They outperform Massachusetts students – including wealthy and white peers, who typically score better than low-income and minority students – by significant margins.